2. Eat at least 2 brightly coloured servings of vegetables per day.
3. Don’t skip breakfast!
4. Don’t let yourself get hungry and never stuff yourself full.
5. Join a sports team or dance class and do it once a week.
6. Every step counts. Take the stairs, walk to the store, park far away.
7. Get more H2O than you’re thirsty for.
8. Keep bad habits at bay with moderation.
9. Don’t eat in front of the television. You’ll eat more. Eat at the table.
10. Brush your teeth after each meal. It’ll keep you from eating seconds.
11. Stretch 5 minutes everyday.
12. Sit down with your schedule and MAKE TIME for exercise, plan it, and stick to it.
13. Use a buddy system for exercise.
14. If you’re an emotional eater, call a friend instead.
15. Get 15 minutes of fresh air everyday.
16. Avoid processed, packaged foods.
17. Don’t count calories. Watch your portions instead. Think small and often.
18. Eat-in and prepare your own meals as often as possible. Restaurants have huge portions and add
extra fats, salts and sugars to keep you coming back for more.
19. Measure your waist, hips, and chest every few weeks and leave the scale alone.
20. Write it down! Food and exercise journals make you accountable and more conscience of what you’re doing….and what you’re not doing.
21. Find ways to share time with friends and family that don’t involve drinking or eating.